One of the most important components of weight loss is knowing how much you are consuming. Hundreds of diets promote all sorts of gimmicks for losing weight. The bottom of line is this. Take in fewer calories per week, burn a few more calories per week and you should lose weight. Study after study says that tracking what you eat leads to more success over time.
Both Apps have very similar features which are great, including food tracking tools that have the ability to scan bar codes into the app and memorize them for future tracking. Once you have entered the regular items you consume it will be very easy to count your calories daily.
Both free apps have the following features.
- Weight Tracking
- Bar Code Scanner
- Sync with Scales such as Fitbit Aria and Withings Scale
- Mobile Reminders Notifications
- Sync with most Activity Trackers and Fitness Apps such as Fit Bit, Jawbone, and Map MY Fitness
- Sync with Facebook and twitter.
- Set up groups to share your information and see how others are doing.
Lose It has a premium edition with many additional features. My Fitness Pal has some additional customizable diet plans and suggestions which can be helpful.
Using either App will get you one step closer to losing weight. Many studies prove that people who track what they eat are far more successful at losing and keeping weight off then people who don’t.